Vision: To influence the culture in South Carolina with the compelling and culturally relevant truth found in God’s Word.
Mission: To equip disciples of Jesus Christ to become disciple-makers within their culture.
Mission Verse: “Go, therefore, and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe everything I have commanded you. And remember, I am with you always, to the end of the age.” Matthew 28:19-20 (HCSB)
- Organic Growth – “Growing as you’re going”
- Generational Discipleship – “Reproducing yourself in others”
- Concentric Missions Focus – “From local to global”
- Nurturing & Celebrating Spiritual Milestones – “From where you are to where God wants you to be”
- Teaching God's Word – “…the truth will make you free”
- Remembering that it’s His church – “I will build My church….I am with you always”
- Culturally-relevant Bible Teaching and discipleship
- Relaxed worship environment
- Regular social fellowship
- Focused ministries to others in need
- Generous giving to missions
Meet The Pastor
Clayton Houchins, Pastor
The Story Behind The Name
For many years, Clayton has said that when he starts a church he's going to go through the phone book and count how many churches are in Spartanburg County, add one number to it and that'll be the name. If there are 290 churches, the name of the church will be Church 291.
When Clayton and Hope knew that the Lord had given them the green light and set their efforts to plant a church in motion, Hope googled "How many churches are in Spartanburg County?" Superpages.com returned 246 results. Hope sent a text to Clayton that said, "Church 247." Immediately the significance of that number confirmed God's hand and direction. Clayton's mantra has always been that the church doesn't have four walls or a brick casing or a steeple or pews. We are the church. And we are to be the church around the clock, 24-7.
Church 247, we love it!